Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The small things are the sweetest!

As I'm writing this, Dusty is singing a metal song into his brand new Guitar Hero/Rock Band microphones. He and I have learned that we love hearing our voices amplified; (He literally just screamed "1,2,3 yeah crowd let's do it!" haha!) We've been singing Beatles in harmony since we got home.

Dusty has been waiting to open these (isn't he sweet to wait?) until I FINALLY recieved the gift that Dusty ordered before December 10th -- Sony took its sweet time getting me my gift! I got it from the front desk just a few hours ago - IT'S ALL 6 HARRY POTTER DVDS!! I'm SIKED! Dusty is so nice because I think I mentioned ONCE that I'd like to own them all and he just listened and ordered them. Especially with the winter weather here, I've been talking about how the HP movies always make me think of winter and it's a great thing to watch when you're not feeling good or it's a rainy day. Man, I'm so happy!

Side note: Dusty also just screamed: "We're the best in the world and we're gonna rock your face off! Alright, everybody, you've got to party every day and every night and if you can't, then suck it!"

So, I've been thinking lately--as we're enjoying our new electronics as anniversary gifts for 2 years together--that I enjoy nothing more than having silly & fun times with Dusty--like singing ridiculous phrases into the new mics. I love our car rides together to work. We're probably gonna talk finances tonight because Dusty had a call with the realtor -- and another very serious talk: Bocce Ball rules. Dusty and I joined a league with our ASU friends - together, we are the Bocce Devils. This is another thing I love about Dusty and the fact that he's my one to go through life with - that he can make any situation, no matter how serious, pretty fun and light.

Work is not exactly "fun and light" right now as we are getting closer to the Olympics. I think our practice show went alright, but we are going to be using different equipment, and I'm not really sure how long it will all take--but I guess I'll just figure it all out and make a routine and get it down pat by the first couple of days. I will have people to lean on in Vancouver so that is great. I had a bit of an off day at work with technology, though--so that was frustrating. Luckily, I found some work-arounds that will possibly save me some time in Vancouver so that might have actually been a pretty lucky blessing in disguise! We're going to have an awesome IT crew in Vancouver so if anything bad happens there, we'll have great support.

Every time I think about going to Vancouver, I get so overwhelmed and EXCITED! I just wonder what it will be like to be in the middle of such a major international event with so much press. There's so many events happening-- co-workers and friends keep sending me emails of the latest happening in Vancouver for that time. I know I will be glued to my production and producing equipment for 12-14 hours a day (maybe more!) but that's what all the journalists will be doing in Vancouver. Yay! So pumped for this experience!!

2 comments:

  1. The small things are the greatest :) And when paragraph #5 happens, it's always nice to have paragraph #4 to come home to. I'm so so happy that you seem to have found an awesome degree of contentment not only in love and friendship, but in your job as well (even in the difficult parts).

    And to tell a funny story in contrast to your extremely sweet one about Dusty, the other day I posed the question to Dan, "Oh hey, should we do something for Valentine's Day?" And the conversation proceeded as such:
    Dan: Like what?
    Shenan: Like go out to dinner or something.
    Dan: Yeah sure, we could do that. Oooorrr...you could cook us a really nice dinner!
    Shenan: You mean...like I do every night?
    Dan: Yes! It'll be so romantic!
    Shenan: ....Aaand it's official. Honeymoon phase: Over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick and I were just talking about "facsimile." I told him it was prounounced "factsmile" which turned out to be wrong. He looked it up and it basically means "to fax." Ok, that was weird! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete